Tuesday, January 8, 2008

P.S. I Love You

C+. A lot of people told me, "You have to see this movie with a box of tissues, because you will cry your eyes out." I was unfulfilled. It sure had it's share of depressing moments, but generally I didn't feel like there was a lot of chemistry to begin with between Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler, so it was difficult to feel like there was something that was really lost, although the letters that Gerry (Butler) leaves for Holly (Swank), were touching and probably the saddest parts of the movie. Most of the emotion came for me with the arrival of the new suitors. I disliked them. Very much. I understand that Harry Connick Jr.'s character isn't really supposed to be liked, but William (played by Jeffery Dean Morgan), who you are supposed to like, was not to my liking either. His 'charming' Irish accent only made me dislike him more! Most of the movies shortcomings were made right through Hilary Swank's friends in the movie, played by Lisa Kudrow and Gina Gershon. They provided the much need comic relief and they did it beautifully. Overall, the movie was very draining, but wasn't all that bad. A nice premise, but some bad writing and casting, perhaps.

Highlight: Acting as a Post Office worker.

Lowlight: Not being able to add classes online.

Gem of the day...

1 comment:

alando said...

good work don't stop posting