Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Air Conditioning


Just a few words about the fabulous wonder known as Air Conditioning.

In our house (Tyler, Danniey, Calvin, and me), we have had a struggle with the air conditioner. We felt that it was not working properly. And by 'felt,' I mean we 'felt' the sweat drip down our backs while watching television, or one us would occasionally stoke off for a moment or two due to the heat. Some of us would argue that it just wasn't working up to it's fullest capacity; the A/C was cooling the air, but not well enough. Other believed that it was just plain broken, and that the air was not being cooled at all.

I was in the former party, and though it wounds my pride to admit it, I was wrong. In fact I was completely wrong. After having the A/C professionals visit the house, I was informed that the unit was built in 1978, and the compressor was broken, and refrigerant was very low, and that by running the A/C, we we're actually making the house hotter, than if we just ran the fan. I was wrong, and to the people belonging to the latter party, I stand corrected.

Well the Air Conditioner was replaced, and life is moving along swimmingly. It is amazing how much a good air conditioner can do for a person, or an entire household. Incredible inventions! I wonder how we even got through our summers before having a working air conditioner! Three Cheers! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

1 comment:

danniey said...

haha, I love it! And your humility...

Thank you SO much for getting it fixed while we were out of town! You are awesome. I am excited to go back to a cool house!